The Printing Press: Lost Book Club


Thursday, May 7, 2009

WHAT I GOT OUT OF: Follow The Leader

So, uhhhh…hmmmm…that was the episode before our 2 hour finale huh? We need to fix time is basically what their saying. Jack is the one who has to save us? Drama on a submarine? Thanks LOST, I think I got indigestion…no, this is what I got…


WHAT I GOT OUT OF: Follow The Leader


FOLLOW THE LEADERS

Two stories, two leaders. And wouldn’t you believe our leaders were a Man of Faith and a Man of uhhhh…not really. We have Jack, finally a Jack we have been waiting to welcome back for a long time. The leader. Season 1 Jack is back, and too bad that the LOSTIES aren’t there to see it. Also, the one who told him he was the leader, left him behind. Bye Kate! Go join Juliet and Sawyer for an episode of Grey’s Anatomy over in the submarine. Jack does a great job here, still kind of shaken up, but gets back on the bike and pedals like a champ.
MEANWHILE…
Locke…isn’t much of a leader. He made himself the leader. What’s up with that?! He’s got some plans, some maybe we all don’t agree with, but I agree with you. Locke is NOT a leader, and I’m thinking should never have been one. One thing that struck me odd was Locke seeing himself, doesn’t prove my theory of “you can’t see yourself” to be true. BUT…maybe, just maybe it wasn’t Locke. It was the flashes. Hmmm. We’ll get back into that, but…Locke said some stuff tonight, and one that left us in a bit of a tizzy, well some of us. I think there’s a deeper meaning on Killing Jacob.
SOOOOO…
Who is the LEADER? Well, it’s two different time eras, and they both, very well, can be the leaders. It’s not American Idol so, no need to vote.







TWO JUGHEADS

Sounds like a baaaad Archie comic. But there are two Jugheads, and check out the pictures to prove it. Am I being picky? Trying not to be, but still, I feel there is something weird here. Farradays Jughead has a door right by the name, and last night, not so much. They USED the door with Farraday, so I KNEW it was a different one when watching, and mentioned to Lynda, not the same Jughead. Why two?


DHARMA FOOD DROP OFF

When Hurley is grabbing all the food, all I can think of was the famous Dharma Food Dumbo Drop. Foreshadowing?


REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO SHOOOORT

Ummm…is it just me, but when Dr. Chang says then you are my son, he smiles for a split second and then decides to warn them about Farraday and the island evacuation? And then it’s over. Poof! GONE. So weird. We are handed a WHOLE episode on these two a few weeks back, and then they actually talk about it, and it’s “well, alright then, my son..hmm…yup, uh, so…Faraday!!” Ugh.






SAYID’S BACK

Is Sayid not dead yet, I man come on?! What else you got for this guy? And seriously, re-watch when he pops up after killing Hostile Red Shirt. He reminds me of the dog in Duck Hunt.
Also, really quick. WATCH ALPERT when Sayid points the gun at Ellie. He stands right in front of her like he’s indestructible. Hmmm?!


THE COMPASS

I know in other blogs I call Jacob the “lantern” that Christian Sheppard carries, and I seriously believe that Jacob CAN be that. But, what if the compass is a metaphor for what we are seeing on this island, and maybe Jacob as well. Round and round and round, but still points in directions it NEEDS to go. Kind of just looping around though. Jacob seems to be playing the same role since we first heard of him. Jacob needs to break that loop, or a John Locke to.
Orrrrr…Which came first? The Compass Locke Gave Alpert, or the Compass Alpert Gave Locke? That damn compass we’ve seen when Alpert visits Locke as a kid, then in this episode, and etc. Oye, my aching head. Where did this friggin’ compass come from?
Also, when Locke says he’s going to kill Jacob…well, maybe we can tackle that in a bit.


LOCKE VERSUS ALPERT

I love how dumb Richard is playing in all of this. This episode could easily push the thought that Alpert is a leader away. No way. Remember who has been there the longest, and let’s not forget who brought Locke to the island and watched him for so many years. Don’t dismiss what Ben says to Sun, which we cover a little later in the blog.
Richard knows what Jacob wants. He doesn’t want someone “finding” him, right? Jacob asks to see you, not announce this to everyone and them go see him. NO! Get it RIGHT Locke, for once…Richard has something up his sleeve and convinces Ben to go talk to Locke, subtle but does it. Richard plays the Ben game, on Ben, and Ben plays along. That’s called FOLLOW THE LEADER!


DE PLANE, DE PLANE

Damn, I think this show would have been called Fantasy Island if it wasn’t already taken. This whole scene with Alpert, Locke and Linus (I had to, I was calling the other boys by their last names) tells a huge part of this story and Season 5. They bring up a lot that have been mysteries and some we are still asking.
• Did Ben ever see Jacob?
• The island told Locke about that certain time and place to be there? Well did the island make sure to send them there JUST FOR THAT scene?
• Out of body experience? Dead? Locke! Christian? Sheppard?
• And why does Ben pronounce it “WHOEN” and not “When?”
Great scene, re-watch for sure


ANOTHER DAY/NGHT SIGHTING

Once again, we got a Locke speaking to his people in the night time…next scene we see them, DAY LIGHT and HIGH NOON! Ugh! It takes Kate 5 minutes to get to the submarine, but this Day/Night thing still makes no sense.






GOOD RIDDANCE

Anyone else notice the way Sawyer says goodbye to the island, is the same EXACT way he says HELLO to the island in the Pilot Epsiode. YUP! Re-watch. Minus the cigarette this time. Seriously. He’s whole demeanor felt the same.


THAT’S NOT MY LOCKE

So…Karen, you can finally high five me for this one. The John Locke we are seeing in this episode folks, Richard is right when he mentioned there is something different about you. It’s not him. Now, we’ve seen the Smoke Monster, but I don’t think its Smokey to be honest. I’m thinking we may have something new, something different. I think as that when we see the smoke monster, or dead people walk the island, it’s something John Locke is doing right now.
When Eloise Hawking explains that John will have to the island, we focus on the shoes that Christian had. Now, go back many blogs ago, and we make fun of Christians shoes here MANY times. The white ones of course. So these black shoes, why? Easy. John Locke IS dead. YES! DEAD! Very much like Christian Sheppard, in fact, EXACTLY like Christian Sheppard. Christian Sheppard is dead, sure, but on the island is some kind of reincarnation. Like Pet Semetary. That’s John Locke.
This John Locke we have seen lately, it’s NOT THE JOHN LOCKE WE ARE USED TO. No way. Everything about this season is WRONG, but even more so, it’s John Locke is wrong. Think about this next week everyone…


WHAT’CHA TALKIN’ ‘BOUT

Richard, he’s here/ Female Hostile to Richard. Uh, who? He’s here? Is this like HIM with Jacob. And how does she know who HE is. She wasn’t in the jungle with Richard. So lost with this one. He. Hmm.


He’s a kind of…advisor, and he’s had that job for a very very long time. Ben to Sun. Just pointing this line out, in case you missed it. Rubbing the theories game on us, pretty hard.


They’ll try to kill us Jack tells Kate. Yeah Jack, LET KATE GO!!!!!! Kill Kate if she goes back huh? What’s the problem then?! I do have just a few problems for when she gets back to the submarine.
The problem is that Kate’s 1) not killed. 2) Even roughed up. 3) Alive. 4) On the submarine. 5) Making more dumb love drama for this show. 6) Still breathing, and LOUDLY on the sub. OKAY, I’m done, but you catch my drift, I don’t like Kate, I mean, she just happened to be okay waltzing back into the Dharma Camp. Makes no sense.


I’m going back to find the rest of our people, because if I can’t stop you, maybe they can. Kate to Jack. Well, you didn’t do that, ya donkey! Uck, I hate you Kate.


FINAL THEORY

Okay, let’s talk about this KILLING JACOB and what it all really means. Locke is NOT going to Horace’s man made Jacob’s cabin to stab or shoot, maybe even give swine flu to Jacob, NO. He’s bringing EVERYONE with him to see that there is NO Jacob. None what so ever. Once again, it’s all on the wording. Nothing ever really plays out like how John really says things, and never does John really take the next step forward either. He’s always breaking his legs.
Just thought we should remember that Locke has no intentions of killing right now, but, it’s not our Locke, so who knows.


It was an okay episode that leads us to the final to hours of this season. 2 more hours? Really? Very lackluster is you ask me. Great season, but it seems like our season finales have been very “eh” when it comes to Season finales of Season 1 or Season 2. Season 3, their getting off the island, BUT I LIKE THEM ON THE ISLAND! Season 4 they have to come back…but, hmm…wait, so they should have never left? Ugh! Now, they have to be somewhere in time on the island? And stop it from happening? I like this time travel, as we know.

Expect my “What I Expect…” from this Season Finale next week, as I always do. Watch me get totally shot down. Haha! Alright, off to a meeting and find Liverpool tickets for the final match of the season. If you know of any, let me know.

b.quain

No comments: